Here at No.G we are split in two halves. One half of us are sick of our January diet, fed up of forcing ourselves up for runs in the rain and craving some Mediterranean sun. The other half are consumed with the feeling of guilt. We haven’t yet started the diet or the gym regime and December’s pay is a distant memory- January deals and sales have been too good to resist.
However, first positive… We made it through Blue Monday! Plus, we aren’t prepared to succumb to negativity that easily. Here are our top tips for keeping positive, whatever the weather.
- Listen to some uplifting, feel good music. Personally we think you can’t beat a bit of old school Motown.
- Always have something to look forward to – go and visit an exhibition, take a trip to the cinema, book a weekend get-away or find a last minute deal to a sunny spot.
- Don’t put pressure on yourself to eat well and exercise everyday. Make a gradual change. The more pressure you put on yourself, the less likely you are to switch your lifestyle. However, it is scientifically proven that exercise makes you feel better. So even if you do little often, try and move a bit more.
- Do your hair, slap on some makeup and throw on some nice clothes. If you look better you will feel better. It’s a fact.
- Reflect on the previous year and set goals, feeling stagnant can make you feel very negative and often lacking in purpose.
- Write down all the things or people that make you happy. Make an effort to try to do more of those things and see those special people.
- Take time for yourself. Whilst it is important to spend time with your loved ones, it’s also important to occasionally think about number one. Take a long bath, sit in a quiet room with a good book and just allow yourself to shut off from the world.
- Give negative people a wide berth. Yes, it’s important to be there for your friends but if there’s someone who is a constant drain on your positivity and it’s starting to feel like a one way street, it may be time to think about what this friendship is actually giving you.
- Take action!! Stop talking and start doing. If there’s something you want to achieve go out there and achieve it.
- Or have a pie. We know a great range…