Our Gluten free, vegetarian recipe for Creamy Colcannon
- 500g floury potatoes, peeled (cut large ones in half)
- 50g butter
- 1/2 small savoy cabbage, finely chopped
- 75ml double cream
- Black pepper to season
1. Bring the potatoes to boil in a large pan of water and simmer for 15-20 mins. Meanwhile, heat half the butter in a pan and fry the cabbage for 5 mins.
2. Drain the potatoes and mash until smooth.
3. Heat the remaining butter with the cream and, when almost boiling, mix into the potato. Add the cabbage and mix well. Season to taste.