Gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian
- 1 large red cabbage (approx 750g)
- 400g raw beetroot
- 2 red onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 eating apples, cores discarded and grated
- 100g redcurrant jelly
- 100g caster sugar
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 300ml apple juice
- 140g sultanas
- Quarter the cabbage, remove the stem and finely shred each quarter. Peel and grate your beetroot (gloves recommended to avoid staining!)
- Placing all ingredients in a large pan, bring to the boil, cover and cook over a low heat for 45 mins or until tender. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and leave, covered, for 5 mins. Serve a generous helping with your favourite gluten free pie or hot sausage roll.