Happy Valentine’s Day you beautiful people! 😘
Seeing as more than a third of Brits will eat in for Valentine’s Day this year*, but with more than 13% of the UK now going gluten free**, we thought we’d share some recipe inspo below!
Our illustrious leader, Sam Benjamin, ex chef and the man behind the success Too Good to be Gluten Free (although he won’t admit that!) offers his recommendations on quick and easy sweet treats for a gluten free Valentine’s Day.
Sam said: “In the past gluten free Brits had to steer clearly of delicious cakes and pastries on Valentines, but now with gluten-free bakers really improving recipes and with some careful planning, you can make some truly delicious dishes for a Valentine’s Day meal in.”
Sam’s top dessert dishes for Valentine’s are:
- Persimmon & Chestnut Chocolate Brownies – Gluten and dairy free these decadent brownies use an exotic combo of east Asian persimmon fruit with seasonal nuts.
- Popped Millet Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles – These delicious treats use popped whole grains and are crunchy and almost nutty in a flavour reminiscent of a crunchy bar.
- Gluten-Free Baked Donuts with Dairy-Free Salted Caramel – Who doesn’t love a donut? Gluten-free donuts are an indulgent treat, best served warm straight out of the oven with warm salted caramel sauce.
- Desiccated Coconut covered Cashew Cookie Balls – Full of flavour but grain free, packed with energy and with no added sugars, a healthy option for Valentines!
- Dark chocolate and salted caramel tart – The quickest dish of all to prepare, Too Good to be Gluten Free offers a ready made dark chocolate and salted caramel tart, lightly dusted with cocoa powder and settled in our blind baked crisp and buttery chocolate pastry.
Sam said: “There’s no excuse for not having luxurious gluten free dishes on Valentines, so whether it’s opting for a Too Good range or cooking one of your own dishes, don’t settle for second best.”
Recipes for Sam’s top dessert dishes are courtesy of chef Lisa Roukin. More information can be found below or on Lisa Roukin’s My Relationship With Food website, www.myrelationshipwithfood.com
Hope you all have a lovely day today! ❤️