Gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 200g pumpkin flesh (deseeded and roughly chopped)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 pints good vegetable stock
- 200ml coconut milk
- 3 tsp dry sherry (optional)
1. In a heavy soup pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion for 5 mins until softened. Add the carrots and celery and stir in the spices. Lower heat and gently cook for about 10 mins.
2. Add the pumpkin, potato, vegetable stock and sherry. Cover and simmer for 25-35 mins until the vegetables are nice and tender.
3. Remove from the heat and puree in batches using a blender or food processor (carefully ladle into a blender, not more than half full, cover tightly and puree until smooth and creamy).
4. Return to the pan and stir in the coconut milk over a low-medium heat until smooth and warmed gently through.