Gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian Spiced Rhubarb Chutney
- 700g rhubarb, cut into chunks
- 2 red onions
- 500g eating apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 200g dried fruit (berries or raisins)
- 200g pitted dates, chopped
- 50g freshly grated ginger
- 300ml red wine vinegar
- 400g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard seed
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp salt to season
1. Put the onions in a large pan with the ginger and vinegar. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins. Add the apples, fruit, sugar and spices, season and bring to the boil, stirring. Simmer for 10 mins until the apples are soft.
2. Add the rhubarb and cook for around 15-20 mins until the chutney is nice and thick. Leave for around 10 mins until starts to cool, then spoon into jars and seal. Store in the cupboard until you’re ready to open.