Go coconutty over our delicious Caribbean Coconut Cream and Roasted Red Pepper Soup (Serves 4)
Get the evening off to a hot start with our wonderfully creamy roasted red pepper soup! Oh, it’s also gluten free – never say we don’t do anything for you…
4 roasted red peppers
½ onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
900 ml vegetable stock
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
110ml of coconut cream
50ml tahini (optional)
1. Heat your oil in a pot over a medium heat and then add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add the teaspoon of salt, smoked paprika and roasted red peppers. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes (don’t forget to stir!)
2. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add the coconut cream and tahini, stir well, bring to the boil then remove from heat.
4. Puree in a blender, or use fancy handheld one (ooh la la!).
5. Serve up and don’t forget to blow on your spoon! No burnt tongues here!
MAIN COURSE (PS: It’s Gluten, egg AND dairy free!!!):
As Paris is the city of love, go French with our Provencal Chicken Bake with Aromatic Tarragon (Serves 4)
4 chicken breasts
4 tbsp gluten-free breadcrumbs
2 red onions, cut into wedges
250g cherry tomatoes cut in half
250g asparagus spears, blanched
300ml soya milk
150ml vegetable stock
3 tbsp chopped tarragon
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp grated dairy and lactose-free cheese
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tbsp rice flour
1. Preparation is key. Weigh out and chop up your ingredients.
2. Off the heat, mix the flour and half the oil in a saucepan. Then blend in the soya milk.
3. Place the saucepan onto the hob and slowly bring the mixture to the boil, whisking constantly.
4. Leave to simmer for one minute.
5. Remove from the heat, cover with greaseproof paper and set aside.
6. Preheat the oven to 200C / Fan 180C / Gas Mark 6
7. Add the other half of the oil to a frying pan and fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes, or until brown.
8. Transfer the chicken into an ovenproof dish and add the onions to the pan.
9. Fry the onions for 2-3 minutes.
10. Place the onions on top of the chicken then add the asparagus and halved tomatoes.
11. Put the sugar and vinegar into the frying pan and stir over a medium heat until the sugar is a dark caramel colour.
12. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil and simmer for one minute.
13. Uncover the saucepan and add the frying pan contents. Whisk the ingredients until you have a well blended, milky sauce.
14. Season with salt and pepper then add the tarragon.
15. Pour the sauce into the ovenproof dish and sprinkle with crumbs and cheese.
16. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
If you’re feeling fruity check out our Tropical Mango and Passionfruit Roulade (Serves 6)
3 large egg whites
175g caster sugar
200g fat-free Greek yogurt
4 passion fruit, pulp only
1 large ripe mango, peeled, stoned and diced
1 level tsp cornflour
1 tsp malt vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
icing sugar, to dust and decorate
raspberry sauce, to serve
1. Prepare your work space. Weigh out your ingredients, separate the egg whites and chop up your fruit.
2. Preheat the oven to 150C / Fan 130C / Gas Mark 2.
3. Line a 33x23cm swiss roll tin with non-stick baking parchment.
4. Mix the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla extract into a small bowl.
5. Beat the egg whites into a large bowl with an electric whisk until frothy and doubled in bulk.
6. Slowly whisk in the caster sugar until the mixture is shiny and thick.
7. Whisk in the contents of the small bowl.
8. Carefully spoon the mixture into an ovenproof tin, ensuring that the surface is level. Ensure that you don’t push out the air.
9. Bake for 30 minutes until the meringue surface is slightly firm to touch
10. Remove the meringue from the oven and cover with damp greaseproof paper for 10 minutes.
11. Dust another sheet of greaseproof paper with icing sugar and remove the damp paper. Turn out the meringue onto the sugarcoated paper.
12. Slowly peel off the lining paper then spread yogurt over the top of the meringue and decorate with the chopped mango and passionfruit.
13. Use the paper to roll up the roulade from one of the shorter ends. Ensure you keep the join underneath.
14. To decorate, sieve a little icing sugar on top and serve with raspberry sauce.