Butterbean and Roasted Squash Stew
Published: May 16, 2017
- 1 medium butternut squash, deseeded, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 400g butter beans (tinned, drained)
- 6 large tomatoes, chopped and sprinkled with a little salt
- 1 large onion, roughly cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- spring onions (green stems chopped)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C / 350F (gas mark 4). Place the squash onto a non-stick baking tray with 1 tablespoon of oil and a little salt. Roast for 30-35 mins until soft.
- In a large pan, heat the remaining oil and add the shallots, carrots and onion. Gently sweat until soft but not coloured.
- Add tomatoes and cook over a medium heat for around 15 mins, before adding the beans. Reduce the heat and warm through.
- Add the roasted squash, season and stir in the spring onion.
- Serve with your choice of No.G mini pie or quiche and tuck in!
No nutrional information.
See what we've been saying