120g pumpkin puree (made from your leftover pumpkin)*
140g almond flour / meal
120g brown rice flour
160ml tinned coconut milk
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
75ml maple syrup
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp kosher salt
*To make your puree, cut your leftover pumpkin into quarters, then peel and cut into chunks. Place in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Cook for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender, pop into a blender and give it a whizz!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, olive oil and vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining (dry) ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until all of the clumps are out.
- Pour batter into a well-oiled 9″x 5″x 2″ loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove bread from the oven and allow it to cool for 30 minutes before turning it out onto a cutting board.
- Cut into large pieces and enjoy!