- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 200g pumpkin flesh (deseeded and roughly chopped)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 pints good vegetable stock
- 200ml coconut milk
- 3 tsp dry sherry (optional)
- In a heavy soup pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion for 5 mins until softened. Add the carrots and celery and stir in the spices. Lower heat and gently cook for about 10 mins.
- Add the pumpkin, potato, vegetable stock and sherry. Cover and simmer for 25-35 mins until the vegetables are nice and tender.
- Remove from the heat and puree in batches using a blender or food processor (carefully ladle into a blender, not more than half full, cover tightly and puree until smooth and creamy).
- Return to the pan and stir in the coconut milk over a low-medium heat until smooth and warmed gently through.