- 1 bunch spring onions, rinsed and chopped. There should be roughly 4 or 4.5 cups of onion when chopped. Make sure you keep both the whites and the greens (reserve a few greens for garnish)
- 1 medium or large potato, peeled and chopped in small chunks
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ or 1 teaspoon Tamari
- ¼ teaspoon dry oregano
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Prepare your ingredients – chop to your hearts content!
- Heat up the olive oil in a large pot. Add the garlic and fry for 10-12 seconds.
- Add the spring onions and saute for 4-5 minutes on a low flame.
- Add the chopped potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Pour in the water and keep stirring. Cover the pot and simmer until the potatoes are cooked completely.
- Leave the soup to cool and then with a hand blender, mix the soup until smooth.
- Throw in the oregano and Tamari, bring back to the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- If the consistency appears too thick, feel free to add an additional ¼ cup water or veg stock, while simmering.
- Serve piping hot and garnish with left over spring onion.